PRIVACY & CONSENT NOTICE
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION- GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are. Once you have read it please complete and sign the declaration at the bottom.
Therapist’s Name/Identity: Beverley Williams, Beverley Therapies
Telephone No: 07747021500
Address: 4 Atkins Close, Biggin Hill, Kent, TN16 3GB
Data Controller Contact Details: As above
The Purpose of Processing Client Data: I hold and use client data in order to provide you with the best
possible treatment options, support and advice.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR HOLDING AND USING CLIENT INFORMATION
The lawful basis under which I hold and use for information include:
a) my legitimate interests ie my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best
possible treatment options and advice
b) my requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons
a. ‘claims occurring’ insurance:(records ro be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
b. law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26
c. your consent
As I hold special category data (ie health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
WHAT INFORMATION I HOLD AND WHAT I DO WITH IT
In order to give professional aromatherapy, reflexology and beauty treatments I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will use this for informing aromatherapy, reflexology and beauty treatments and recording any advice I give as a result of your treatment. Your details may be used to receive Beverley Therapies information and offers
Please tick here if you are happy to receive Beverley Therapies mailings O
The information to be held is:
• Your contact details
• Medical history and other health-related information
• Treatment details and related notes
I will NOT share your information with a third party (other than as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
• I will keep your information for the following period ………….. in line with the lawful basis listed above.
Your date will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you. I will contact you using the contact preferences you have given me.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
• The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
• The right of access. To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
• The right to rectification. To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
• The right to erase (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you.
• The right to restrict processing of personal date: You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information.
• The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of your personal informaion held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
• The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
• Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email . If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk.
• if you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you.
• Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep details until after that period has passed.
• Your therapist can move their records between computers and IT systems, aslong as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
I have seen this document and understand that you will hold and use my personal information, using it in order to provide me with the best possible treatment options and advice in line with the statements above. I have received a copy of this document.
Name of parent/gauardian if under 16 years:
Note: for children under 16 a parental or guardian signature is required.